Benefit from unique technologies and leading expertise
The Karlsruhe Nano Micro Facility (KNMFi) offers a dedicated set of state-of-the-art technologies for structuring and characterizing a multitude of functional materials at the micro- and nanoscale.
KNMFi unifies 20+ technology clusters and 50+ scientists (as of 2020). KNMFi was launched in 2008 as KNMF by an initial technology investment budget of 23.3 Mio. Euro allocated by the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers (HGF), since then regular updates and major additional investments have been dedicated to the continuous improvement of both, the value of the facility and the welfare of ourusers. Our technology experts support all users in all questions relating to the access and use of our technologies. They serve as local contacts and are ready to accompany you to reach your personal scientific goals. This may include conducting processes at the laboratories or organising overall workflows for your own project. It is recommended to select and contact the experts of the technologies of interest prior to a proposal submission. The user office will assist you to find the most appropriate experts.
Karlsruhe Nano Micro Facility
Laboratory for Micro- and Nanostructuring
Laboratory for Microscopy and Spectroscopy
- 3D Atom Probe Tomography (APT)
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
- Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES)
- Helium Ion Microscope (HIM)
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
- Single Crystal X-ray Diffraction (SCXD)
- Soft X-ray Spectroscopy, Microscopy, and Spectromicroscopy (WERA)
- Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry (ToF-SIMS)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM)
- X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS)