Steps to Access
Before submitting a proposal
- Check if you are staff of a Helmholtz Association (HGF) member organisation. To avoid conflicts of interest, only non-HGF staff are eligible to submit a standard or long-term KNMF proposal or be nominated as co-proposers. HGF staff can submit "ih-proposals" (institute/HGF proposal). ih-proposals are not subject to call deadlines and will be evaluated internally and should be discussed with KNMF experts before submission. If you need assistance please contact the User Office.
- Select the type of proposal
- Select the technologies of interest
- Select and contact the experts of the technologies of interest to discuss and define the work to carry out. It is a good idea to discuss your proposal with the KNMF experts before you submit it. For long-term and fast-track proposals a prior discussion with the KNMF experts is mandatory.
Submit your proposal
- Sign up online for a user account and login
- Prepare online the application form (standard or long-term proposal. For standard proposals a fast-track option is offered at the end of the submission process but is subject to rigid restrictions.
- Prepare offline the experimental method form
- Submit online the proposal
- Make sure that the status of your proposal is "Submitted" (S). When you edit your proposal you have to submit it again.
- It is a good idea to submit project reports for your previous proposal(s) and to submit publications that are related to your work at KNMF. With a good report and publication record you can show your commitment to KNMF and positively influence the Reviewers' decision on your new proposal(s).
Start your project
- Receive information about time allocation
- Visit us
Finish your project
- Prepare offline the project report
- Submit online the project report
- Publish your results and submit your publications to KNMF
In case you face any problems please contact the user office.